Apila Group Ltd. was founded in 2006, aiming to create a new, innovative and successful business without making concessions at the expense of future generations. Over the years, we have grown and been able to do a lot of solution-oriented work to promote the circular economy in Finland and elsewhere in the world. Today, we offer concrete solutions and services to meet the challenges and needs of our customers. We will continue to promote the circular economy and material-wise product development. We want to be a strong influencer, and our goal is to be the most interesting RDI partner in the industry.
Our head office is located in Lehmo, Kontiolahti, in North Karelia, near Joensuu. At Lehmo, we have a laboratory specialising in product and material development and quality management in the circular economy. In premises of 250 m2, we perform a wide range of materials and product development, analysis and testing, prototyping, conformity assessment and quality assurance.
In Lappeenranta, our office is located in Skinnarila on the campus of LUT University and LAB University of Applied Sciences.
During our operations, we have been involved in more than 250 cooperation projects and customer assignments. We have had more than a hundred customers internationally, ranging widely over various industrial and social fields. We are a strongly networked partner. Both large and small industries rely on our expertise.
- Kontiolahti municipality company of the year (2021)
- Technology to Products Foundation award (2020)
- Start Me Up business idea competition: Circular economy prize (2020)
- Start Me Up business idea competition: Pilot project prize, From Waste to Profit software tool (2020)
- Start Me Up business idea competition: first prize for a circular economy breakthrough product from waste (2017)